Eligibility for Telephone consultation or TELEHEALTH Consultation
TELEHEALTH Consultations are bulkbilled under Medicare for the following categories
1. Patients diagnosed with COVID 19, not currently hospitalised.
2. Patients required to isolate themselves in quarantine according to guidelines by AHPPC.
2. Patients who are 70 years old or above
3. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who are 50 years old or above
4. Patients with chronic diseases or immunocompromised
5. Pregnant women.
6. Parents with a child under 12 months old.
More Information: COVID19 National Health Plan
Underlying medical conditions that may increase the risk of serious COVID-19 for individuals of any age
- Blood disorders – Sickle cell disease or on blood thinners
- Chronic kidney disease – Kidney disease, or under treatment for kidney disease including receiving dialysis
- Chronic liver disease – Cirrhosis ,Chronic hepatitis
- Compromised immune system (immunosuppression) – Cancer, received organ or bone marrow transplant, HIV or AID
- Current or recent pregnancy
- Endocrine disorders – Diabetes mellitus
- Metabolic disorders – Inherited metabolic disorders and Mitochondrial disorders
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
- Neurological and neurodevelopment conditions – Disorders of Brain, Spinal cord and muscle such as Cerebral palsy, Stroke, Intellectual disability